The Diocese of Paterson's Catholic Schools Office offers your child a quality education founded on gospel values. We provide support and services to the schools, students, parents, educators and administrators in our diocese.
The mission of the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Paterson is to develop communities that are Christ-centered, academically excellent and welcoming, that enable students to be life-long learners and good citizens of the world.
• Catholic schools will be institutions that are vibrant in Catholic identity,
that is, Gospel Witness, centered in the person of Jesus Christ,
dedicated to the spiritual development of their constituents, and
serving the evangelizing mission of the Church.
• Catholic schools will be institutions committed to academic rigor and
the pursuit of excellence, holistic in their programs, economically,
intellectually and culturally diverse, shaped by a culture of community
• Catholic schools will be institutions that are financially sound and
available and accessible to all who would choose them.
• Catholic schools will be institutions that are advocates of a Catholic
world view, a religious view of life where the Good News of Jesus Christ
is proclaimed and all human culture is related to the goodness of
salvation so that “all knowledge is illuminated by the light of faith".
• We affirm parents as the primary educators and embrace our
responsibility as co-educators. We hold all children as a sacred
and shared trust, recognizing each child as a gift of God who
must be treated with dignity, respect and care. The mission of
Catholic schools is built on core values:
• Catholic Identity: We believe the Catholic schools of the
Paterson Diocese must ensure that the mission of the Church,
the ongoing religious/spiritual formation of the students,
parents, staff and leadership is central to the identity of the
• Academic Excellence: We promote academic excellence,
rooted in Gospel values. A quality Catholic education
produces Church and national leaders for tomorrow who are
sensitive to the needs of the entire human family
• Collaboration: We foster a climate of collaborative ministry
manifesting the belief that every person is gifted and called to
serve. We strive to identify, release and share the gifts of all
members of the community.
• Governance and Leadership: We assist our administrators in
their role as leaders of their schools by fostering personal and
professional growth: we promote inclusion of the community
in the governance of the school. We instill a spirit of mutual
accountability in which local leaders accept their responsibility
• Operational Vitality: We commit ourselves to seek new and
effective ways to serve, strengthen, and sustain the future of
Developing the whole child; spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally.
Faith | Academics | Service | Community